Chicken Salad with Cantaloupe Rings Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 2 cantaloupe rings
- Toasted sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, celery, grapes and parsley. In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. To serve, place 1 cup of chicken salad on each cantaloupe ring; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Salad with Cantaloupe Rings(1)
Sort By :
I absolutely love this chicken salad! I don't usually serve it on cantaloupe, most of the time it's made into sandwiches at our house. I also usually nix the parsley. The almonds are what makes it so unique and so tasty! It's even great made with reduced fat mayo.