This colorful salad will disappear fast at your next potluck. I got the recipe from my cousin, who always has great dishes at her parties...and this recipe is no exception! —Valerie Hotl Cartersville, Georgia
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, onion, celery, cucumber and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Italian dressing, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, fold in tomatoes. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad with a Twist in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Salad with a Twist
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review