Chicken Salad Supreme
Now that my husband and I are retired, we lived in Florida for most of the winter. I often prepare this creamy, fruity chicken salad for a wonderful warm-weather lunch.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups small seedless green grapes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, oil, orange juice, vinegar and
- salt. Fold in the rice, mayonnaise, celery, grapes, pineapple and
- oranges. Cover and chill until ready to serve; stir in almonds.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 485 calories, 33 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot