Chicken Salad Supreme Recipe
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups small seedless green grapes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, oil, orange juice, vinegar and salt. Fold in the rice, mayonnaise, celery, grapes, pineapple and oranges. Cover and chill until ready to serve; stir in almonds. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 485 calories, 33 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.