- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- Crushed potato chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Add chicken, cheese and celery; toss to coat.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill with chicken mixture. If desired, sprinkle with chips. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until filling is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Salad-Stuffed Peppers
"I also make this with tuna instead of chicken. This has become one of our regular dinner choices."
"I got mixed reviews from husband and company . I thought they were great."
"Thanks Beema, I too thought it sounded great as a cold salad and was wondering if that would work. Glad to hear it does."
"Very nice recipe. If you coat the inside of the peppers with a little olive oil before stuffing, the peppers will cut like warm butter. Make sure you use Hellmann's mayo and not miracle whip. Colored peppers are expensive and you could ruin them with a cheap product like MW."