Chicken Salad-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- Crushed potato chips, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Add chicken, cheese and celery; toss to coat.
- 2. Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 3. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill with chicken mixture. If desired, sprinkle with chips. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until filling is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
2 stuffed pepper halves (calculated without potato chips) equals 426 calories, 32 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.