Chicken Salad Pockets Recipe
A nicely seasoned dressing gives plenty of herb flavor to these fresh-tasting sandwiches from Donna Poole, Marysville, Kansas. The colorful filling is a great way to use up leftover chicken.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded red leaf lettuce or romaine
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cucumber, tomato and onions. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, sugar and basil. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add lettuce and toss to coat. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each pita half. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Pockets in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p48
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Salad Pockets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >