Chicken Salad Pitas Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, carrot, cucumber, radishes, olives and cheese. Add dressing and toss to coat. Line pita breads with lettuce leaves. Stuff about 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each half. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (prepared with part-skim mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup fat-free salad dressing) equals 276 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.