Chicken Salad Pitas Recipe
Janice Conway adds olives, cucumber and radishes to leftover chicken to create her Mediterranean-inspired salad tucked into handheld pitas. "This recipe is great for summer because there's no cooking involved," she writes from Reynolds, Illinois.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, carrot, cucumber, radishes, olives and cheese. Add dressing and toss to coat. Line pita breads with lettuce leaves. Stuff about 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each half. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 276 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Chicken Salad Pitas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC