Chicken Salad Pie
Lois McAtee of Oceanside, California gives leftover chicken an unexpected treatment in this memorable main-dish pie. A creamy chicken salad mixture chock-full of celery, walnuts and pineapple looks special enough for company when chilled in a flaky pie crust.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Prick the bottom and sides of pastry shell several times with a fork.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Bake at 375° for 15-16 minutes or
- until the crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and mayonnaise in a bowl. Stir in the
- chicken, pineapple, 1 cup walnuts and celery. Pour into cooled
- crust. Top with remaining cheese and walnuts. Refrigerate for 1 hour
- before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 511 calories, 40 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.