Chicken Salad Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Prick the bottom and sides of pastry shell several times with a fork. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Bake at 375° for 15-16 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and mayonnaise in a bowl. Stir in the chicken, pineapple, 1 cup walnuts and celery. Pour into cooled crust. Top with remaining cheese and walnuts. Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Salad Pie(2)
Sort By :
I had something similar at a ladies luncheon that was delicious. I've been wanting this recipe ever since then because the hotel would not share their recipe! This recipe was similar and good. I will make some changes for my next time...might use miracle whip instead of mayo, add reg grapes or craisins for more color, maybe some curry powder, sharp cheddar cheese, and toasted pecans or almonds. Hopefully these changes will make it more like I ate at the hotel. I'll let you know how the changes turn out.
I give it 2 stars because I like the idea. I do not know if it was something I put in it, since I tweaked it a bit to use what I had, or it was the recipe itself... it smelled weird, but tasted okay. It was edible, but can't say I'll make it again. Although I do love the pineapple in it.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >