Chicken Salad Party Sandwiches Recipe
My famous chicken salad arrives at the party chilled in a plastic container. When it’s time to set out the food, I stir in the pecans and assemble the sandwiches. They’re great for buffet-style potlucks. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 15 whole wheat dinner rolls
- Torn leaf lettuce
- Frilled toothpicks, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry and pepper. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- 2. Stir pecans into chicken salad. Serve on rolls lined with lettuce. Secure with toothpicks if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
1 sandwich equals 235 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC