My famous chicken salad arrives at the party chilled in a plastic container. When it’s time to set out the food, I stir in the pecans and assemble the sandwiches. They’re great for buffet-style potlucks. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 15 whole wheat dinner rolls
- Torn leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry and pepper. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Stir pecans into chicken salad. Serve on rolls lined with lettuce. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Party Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p41
Reviews for Chicken Salad Party Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review