Chicken Salad Panini Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 slices white bread
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, apple and pecans; add dressing and toss to coat.
- 2. Spread half of the chicken salad on two slices of bread. Top each with another slice of bread, remaining chicken salad and remaining bread. Spread butter on both sides of sandwiches.
- 3. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheese) equals 730 calories, 42 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 1,155 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 39 g protein.