- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 slices white bread
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, apple and pecans; add dressing and toss to coat.
- Spread half of the chicken salad on two slices of bread. Top each with another slice of bread, remaining chicken salad and remaining bread. Spread butter on both sides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Salad Panini
"I liked this recipe but not quite as well as my usual chicken salad recipe that calls for curry powder. But this was a nice change up."
"I doubled the recipe & made it for company. Everyone was so impressed with it! I substituted dill weed since I didn't have fresh dill on hand & I used walnuts in place of pecans. Also used wheat french bread from the bakery. Will be making this one often!"
"I found this recipe in a Cooking for Two issue nearly six years ago and it has become one of our favorite sandwich recipes! My husband does not care much for mayonnaise or mustard, but he LOVES these paninis! We have made them for guests many times over, and have made them for ourselves often. I usually make it with wheat bread, because that's what we usually have on hand. Either way though it's a very filling, absolutely delicious panini! The different flavors of all of the ingredients come together really well, and the dill gives it a slight tang that really just makes the recipe superb, in my opinion."
"This was like a chicken salad on bread! My whole family loved it...very easy to assemble,next time though I'd like to let the flavors meld a bit..."