Chicken Salad on Cantaloupe Rings Recipe
A light chicken salad on a cantaloupe ring is a fun and flavorful way to perk up a summer luncheon, assures Sharon Bickett of Chester, South Carolina.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:4 servings
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup green grapes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cantaloupe rings
- Toasted sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, grapes and parsley. Combine the next seven ingredients; mix well. Pour over chicken mixture and toss. Chill for at least 1 hour. To serve, place 1 cup of chicken salad on each cantaloupe ring; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC