This is my favorite sandwich to make for lunch. I serve it often to guests.—Mary Jo Vander West, Grant, Michigan
- 2 cups diced leftover cooked chicken
- 1/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), diced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- Kaiser rolls
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each roll. Wrap each tightly in foil. Bake at 300° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad on Buns in Country Woman September/October 1993, p35
Reviews for Chicken Salad on Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2012
"This was so easy and so good. My husband loved it saying it was the best sandwich he ever had!"