Chicken Salad on a Tortilla Recipe
I started to fix fajitas for our supper one evening and ended up turning it into a salad instead. My husband was impressed with the concoction. Whenever I serve it for a quick lunch to unexpected company, they often request the recipe. -Shirley Banks, Westfield, Iowa
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups torn lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 4 to 6 thin slices red onion
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken until no longer pink. To assemble, place tortillas on serving plates. Spread with mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, chicken, tomato, onion, carrot and cheese. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad on a Tortilla in Reminisce July/August 2001, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Salad on a Tortilla
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review