Chicken Salad Mini Croissants
Over the years, Andrea Donofrio has experimented with many versions of chicken salad. “But this delicious recipe is my favorite,” says the Walpole, Massachusetts cook. “Chunky apples, juicy grapes and toasted walnuts add just the right amount of texture and great flavor to these tasty bites.”
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 16 miniature croissants or rolls, split
- 4 to 6 lettuce leaves, torn
- 16 frilled toothpicks, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spoon about 1/4
- cup onto the bottom of each croissant; top with lettuce. Replace
- croissant tops. Insert toothpicks into sandwiches if desired. Yield:
- 16 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.