- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 16 miniature croissants or rolls, split
- 4 to 6 lettuce leaves, torn
- 16 frilled toothpicks, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spoon about 1/4 cup onto the bottom of each croissant; top with lettuce. Replace croissant tops. Insert toothpicks into sandwiches if desired. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Reviews for Chicken Salad Mini Croissants
"This is an excellent recipe, with a few modifications. I found that with the addition of yogurt, the mixture became a bit too "soupy." To remedy this, I added equal amounts of chopped celery and onion, which helped "bind" the mixture (you can add maybe 1/2 cup of each). Also, I played with the amount of cider vinegar, as I thought it made it too acidic (more like 1 1.2 tsp). I added more grapes than what was called for, in addition to two chopped apples vice one. I also added more pepper and salt than the recipe called for, along with about 2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning, as I felt the mixture was a bit flat on taste. A dash of cumin and hot sauce also helped, too. I left out the walnuts because it would not be served right away...soggy walnuts do not taste good after sitting in this mix for awhile."