Chicken Salad Melts Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons each chopped green pepper, onion and ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 sandwich rolls
- 1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, cheese, green pepper, onion, olives and relish. Split rolls in half; place cut side up on a greased baking sheet. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken salad on each roll half. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 620 calories, 38g fat (11g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 977mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Chicken Salad Melts
"These were really good. My mother has made a similar recipe except with tuna for many years. That recipe has a slice of American cheese on top rather than the cubed Velveeta. I think I may try this like that next time."