Chicken Salad Melts Recipe
Ruth Peterson from Jenison, Michigan uses up leftover chicken to create a creamy spread from open-faced sandwiches. "They're delicious, satisfying and inexpensive," she notes. "You can tuck the filling into buns instead, wrap them in foil and heat them in the oven for a few minutes."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons each chopped green pepper, onion and ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 sandwich rolls
- 1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, cheese, green pepper, onion, olives and relish. Split rolls in half; place cut side up on a greased baking sheet. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken salad on each roll half. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 620 calories, 38 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 977 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC