Chicken Salad in Tomato Cups
“Garden-fresh tomatoes make this standout recipe hard to beat,” notes Judy Robertson of Southington, Connecticut. “It’s fast, delicious, economical…and my family loves it!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving
- 1/2-in. shells. Invert onto paper towels to drain. In a large bowl,
- combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 577 calories, 50 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.