Chicken Salad in Melon Rings Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vinaigrette or salad dressing of your choice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 cantaloupe rings (1-1/2 inches thick), peeled
- 1. In a bowl, toss the chicken and lemon juice. Add the celery, grapes, onion, dressing, almonds, pimientos, salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, arrange lettuce on salad plates; top each with a melon ring. Fill center with chicken salad. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 melon ring with 1 cup chicken salad, prepared with 1/3 cup fat-free salad dressing) equals 278 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.