Chicken Salad in Melon Rings Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vinaigrette or salad dressing of your choice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 cantaloupe rings (1-1/2 inches thick), peeled
- In a bowl, toss the chicken and lemon juice. Add the celery, grapes, onion, dressing, almonds, pimientos, salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, arrange lettuce on salad plates; top each with a melon ring. Fill center with chicken salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad in Melon Rings in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Salad in Melon Rings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2010
"This is so good and so pretty as well. Just the way it is, wouldn't change a thing."