"This refreshing salad is sure to please everyone at your next luncheon," promises Kim Ozak of Winnipeg, Manitoba. "It's eye-catching and easy to prepare, requiring less time in the kitchen so you have more time to spend with your friends."
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vinaigrette or salad dressing of your choice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 cantaloupe rings (1-1/2 inches thick), peeled
- In a bowl, toss the chicken and lemon juice. Add the celery, grapes, onion, dressing, almonds, pimientos, salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, arrange lettuce on salad plates; top each with a melon ring. Fill center with chicken salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad in Melon Rings in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p35
Reviews for Chicken Salad in Melon Rings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2010
"This is so good and so pretty as well. Just the way it is, wouldn't change a thing."