Chicken Salad in Baskets Recipe
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons diced peeled apple
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 20 slices bread
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper; add to chicken mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each slice of bread with a 3-in. round cookie cutter; brush both sides with butter. Press into ungreased mini muffin cups. Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Cool 3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Spoon 1 tablespoonful chicken salad into each bread basket. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Reviews for Chicken Salad in Baskets(7)
Sort By :
I use pie pastry dough instead of bread, and it's just as good !
I made this for Christmas and New Years Eve. They are delicious. Variations could
be: egg salad, tuna salad, taco meat w/cheese...ideas are endless. Thanks, Lynn
I made these for a church potluck and there wasn't any left. The toast cup was very good, crispy and crunchy. I used my own chicken salad recipe with chopped onion, celery, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. They were a big hit and I will definitely make these again. Might even make them filled with ham salad sometime.
It was good, but the chicken salad was a bit bland and people at the party we took it to agreed. It needs either chopped cranberries for a tangy addition, or finely chopped green olives. I would make again with one of those changes.
I also used whole wheat bread. And to save time, I used canned chicken. Regular sized muffin pans work just fine if you don't have mini ones. I used a small glass bottle to push them in and make a cavity. I love the sweet taste of apples so I used half of a small apple. If you don't have a round cookie cutter, a canning jar lid works. You just have to press harder. They turned out great!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >