Chicken Salad for 50 Recipe
- 9 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 9 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 8 cups chopped celery
- 8 cups seedless green grapes halves
- 18 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups cashew halves
- 1. In two very large bowls, combine the first six ingredients. In another large bowl, whisk the first six dressing ingredients. Pour over the chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir in cashews just before serving. Yield: 50 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup equals 328 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.