Chicken Salad for 50 Recipe
- 9 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 9 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 8 cups chopped celery
- 8 cups seedless green grapes halves
- 18 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups cashew halves
- 1. In two very large bowls, combine the first six ingredients. In another large bowl, whisk the first six dressing ingredients. Pour over the chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir in cashews just before serving. Yield: 50 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup: 328 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Chicken Salad for 50
"This is a good recipe. I added more chicken and just a little more salad dressing and used 7 eggs and 4 yolks. I had leftovers and on the next day the chicken salad tasted much better. For the next time, I am going to use red grapes and raisins. And will not add the green grapes and pineapples. Stay tune for the results."
"We made it for a graduation open house. Went really well! Tasted terrific - chunky, creamy and altogether delicious!"
"Trying using red grapes-a little more flavor, plus it adds color. We didn't use the eggs."
"I feel it nees more chicken in the recipe, otherwise I really liked the flavor combinations."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.