When this was served at a women's luncheon, there were lots of recipe requests, The creamy dressing, grapes and cashews make it extra special.—Florence Vold, Story City, Iowa
- 9 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 9 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 8 cups chopped celery
- 8 cups seedless green grapes halves
- 18 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups cashew halves
- In two very large bowls, combine the first six ingredients. In another large bowl, whisk the first six dressing ingredients. Pour over the chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir in cashews just before serving. Yield: 50 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Chicken Salad for 50 in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Salad for 50
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review