Chicken Salad Croissants
From Battle Creek, Michigan, Laura Koziarski shares this tempting chicken salad that gets its special taste from Swiss cheese and pickle relish. "It's a favorite of my brother, who insists I make it whenever he visits," she comments.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese and pickle relish.
- Combine the mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, seasoned salt and
- pepper; add to chicken mixture and mix well.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each croissant; top with about 1/2 cup of the
- chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculatd without lettuce) equals 607 calories, 41 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,001 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.