Chicken Salad Croissants Recipe
From Battle Creek, Michigan, Laura Koziarski shares this tempting chicken salad that gets its special taste from Swiss cheese and pickle relish. "It's a favorite of my brother, who insists I make it whenever he visits," she comments.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 croissants, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese and pickle relish. Combine the mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, seasoned salt and pepper; add to chicken mixture and mix well.
- 2. Place a lettuce leaf on each croissant; top with about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculatd without lettuce) equals 607 calories, 41 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,001 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC