Parmesan cheese and dill make this the most incredible chicken salad I’ve ever tasted. For the no-cook version, use canned chicken. These sandwiches are a simple entree to serve at parties, showers or picnics.—Jaclyn Bell, Logan, Utah
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 croissants, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over chicken mixture; mix well. Spoon chicken salad onto croissant bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches in Country Woman June/July 2013, p33
Reviews for Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2016
"Great sandwich! The parmesan gives a great flavor! Will definitely make again."
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2013
"Yum! Loved the seasonings! It was a quick and easy way to make a delicious, special-occasion sandwich."