"Mondays have always been soup and sandwich night at our house," writes Sarah Smith from her home in Edgewood, Kentucky. "One evening, I embellished a regular chicken salad sandwich with some not-so-usual ingredients, like rye bread and honey-mustard dressing. The results were delicious."
Recommended: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 pound prepared chicken salad
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 1/3 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Place lettuce on four slices of bread; layer each with chicken salad, two bacon strips, one cheese slice and two tomato slices. Spread salad dressing on one side of remaining bread; place over tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Clubs in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p11
Reviews for Chicken Salad Clubs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review