"Mondays have always been soup and sandwich night at our house," writes Sarah Smith from her home in Edgewood, Kentucky. "One evening, I embellished a regular chicken salad sandwich with some not-so-usual ingredients, like rye bread and honey-mustard dressing. The results were delicious."
Recommended: 21 Recipes to Make with Avocado
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 pound prepared chicken salad
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 1/3 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Place lettuce on four slices of bread; layer each with chicken salad, two bacon strips, one cheese slice and two tomato slices. Spread salad dressing on one side of remaining bread; place over tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Clubs in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p11
Reviews forChicken Salad Clubs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2009
"I wanted a chance of pace sandwich and this was a great choice. Because of our work schedules, preparing lunch can be a chore sometimes but this makes it easy. Thank you for sharing it."