Chicken Salad Club
"My sister and I made this wonderfully light chicken salad for our sister-in-law's bridal shower," says Nan Janecke of Kalamazoo, Michigan. "It's easy to fix for a large crowd." TIP: "It's also delicious on croissants or oatmeal bread," Nan suggests.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices white bread or 6 hard rolls, split
- 6 cooked bacon strips
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery and onions. In a small
- bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, salt and
- pepper. Pour over chicken mixture and mix well. Serve on bread rolls
- with a strip of bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 315 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 771 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.