"My sister and I made this wonderfully light chicken salad for our sister-in-law's bridal shower," says Nan Janecke of Kalamazoo, Michigan. "It's easy to fix for a large crowd." TIP: "It's also delicious on croissants or oatmeal bread," Nan suggests.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices white bread or 6 hard rolls, split
- 6 cooked bacon strips
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture and mix well. Serve on bread rolls with a strip of bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Club in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p47
Reviews for Chicken Salad Club
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2009
"Very good. I used rotisserie chicken and Aunt Millie's Buttermilk Bread, toasted."