Chicken Salad Casserole
Field editor Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina shares her rich and creamy Hot Chicken Salad. Topped with crunchy potato chips and almonds, the comforting casserole could be made with leftover cooked chicken. —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, celery, mayonnaise,
- mushrooms and onion. Stir in cracker crumbs. Spoon into a greased
- 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with potato
- chips and almonds. Bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly and
- lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 578 calories, 43 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,044 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.