Chicken Salad Casserole Recipe
Field editor Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina shares her rich and creamy Hot Chicken Salad. Topped with crunchy potato chips and almonds, the comforting casserole could be made with leftover cooked chicken. —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, celery, mayonnaise, mushrooms and onion. Stir in cracker crumbs. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with potato chips and almonds. Bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly and lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p48
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Salad Casserole(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >