Chicken Salad Caprese Recipe
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- TOMATO CROSTINI:
- 2 French bread baguettes (10-1/2 ounces each)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, garlic, salt and pepper; drizzle over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Cut baguettes into 1/2-in. slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 2-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut garlic in half lengthwise; rub over bread. Cut tomatoes into quarters; rub over bread. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until crisp. Serve crostini with salad. Yield: 8 cups salad (6-1/2 dozen crostini).
1 each: 179 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Chicken Salad Caprese
"Made this for the first time for a family gathering and everyone LOVED it. I make it a bunch now for potlucks and gatherings."
"I've made this recipe several times for potlucks and it always gets rave reviews! The simple olive oil dressing brings out the variety of flavors without being overpowering. The crostini are time consuming but always turn out great."
"This is sooo good, but if you want to change it up, serve this warmed. Both ways are great! A small serving in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds, stirring once. Deliteful!"
"My entire family loved this and asks for it often! We serve it as written or with mixed greens as a salad. love it!"
"This was an AMAZING appetizer and so easy to make. Everything can be made ahead of time and put together when guest come. Love, love, love it!!"