This amazing twist on the classic chicken salad is sure to impress guests. And at around 300 calories per serving, this main dish is one you can have seconds of without feeling one bit of guilt. Darla Germaux - Saxton, Pennsylvania
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine Miracle Whip Light, garlic powder and pepper; stir into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Toss bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Top with cheese. Bake 7-10 minutes longer or until heated through and top is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Bake in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p47
Reviews for Chicken Salad Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review