This chicken frequently appears on my dinner table. Leftovers—if there are any—are excellent for sandwiches the next day. Friends and family are always surprised to hear how a few everyday ingredients can liven up ordinary baked chicken.—Emily R Chaney, Blue Hill, Maine
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine
- mustard and garlic powder; spread over the chicken. Sprinkle with
- rosemary and pepper. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 201 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.