This chicken frequently appears on my dinner table. Leftovers—if there are any—are excellent for sandwiches the next day. Friends and family are always surprised to hear how a few everyday ingredients can liven up ordinary baked chicken.—Emily R Chaney, Blue Hill, Maine
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine mustard and garlic powder; spread over the chicken. Sprinkle with rosemary and pepper. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Rosemary in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.