Chicken Rolls Recipe
These rolls take some time to prepare, but it's worth it! Everyone enjoys the savory filling wrapped inside a soft, delicious dough.—Susan Carter, American Fork, Utah
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 10 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 9 to 9-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- Dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the chicken, mushrooms, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add eggs, sugar, salt and 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- 3. Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness; cut into 4-in. circles. Reroll scraps and cut more circles. Roll circles to a 6-1/2-in. diameter. Place on greased baking sheets and let rise in warm place for 15 minutes.
- 4. Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture in the center of each circle. Fold up edges to center; pinch tightly to seal. Dip in butter; roll in crumbs.
- 5. Place, uncovered on greased baking sheets; let rise for 20 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Serve immediately. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 342 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC