Chicken Rolls with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Give that weeknight meal an elegant feel with this impressive (but easy!) blue cheese-stuffed chicken. The raspberry sauce is also great on grilled pork tenderloin.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up each jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Brush with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the raspberries, broth, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Press through a sieve; discard seeds. Stir in remaining butter until smooth. Discard toothpicks. Serve with raspberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 230 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Rolls with Raspberry Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC