Chicken Rolls with Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place 1 tablespoon basil, 1 tablespoon feta cheese and a garlic clove half down the center of each chicken breast half. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons oil on all sides. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in remaining oil until tender. Add broth; cook and stir until bubbly. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss with pesto sauce. Discard toothpicks. Serve chicken with pasta and mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 617 calories, 35g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein .
Reviews for Chicken Rolls with Pesto Pasta
"I have been making this for years. It is one of my families favorites."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.