I made this recipe when I was visiting my family on the Mainland. It's fast and delicious.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons plum jam
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups (6 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth. Stir in
- jam, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder and mustard. Mix well; set
- aside. In a skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add
- jam mixture and coleslaw mix, cook until coleslaw is crisp-tender.
- Spoon into tortilla; roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 562 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot