- crumbs, thyme, salt and pepper. Place flour in a third shallow bowl.
- Lightly coat chicken with flour, then dip in egg mixture and roll in
- bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil until golden brown, turning
- often. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run
- Meanwhile, drain cherries, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice
- to measure 1 cup. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in cherry juice until smooth. add cherries. bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice, extract and food coloring if desired.
- Discard toothpicks. Serve with cherry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 466 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.