Rigatoni cooked with cream and cream cheese spells comfort when combined with chicken marinated in sherry and garlic. — Jackie Scanlan, Dayton, Ohio
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 each medium sweet red and green pepper, chopped
- 4 pickled hot cherry peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 2 cans (one 29 ounces, one 15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) uncooked rigatoni
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut up
- 1-1/2 cups grated Romano cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sherry, oil, garlic and oregano. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches; cook and stir until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add sherry; bring to a boil. Stir in tomato puree, salt and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add chicken; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a stockpot, cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small saucepan, combine cream and cream cheese over medium heat; cook and stir until blended. Add to chicken mixture; stir in Romano cheese.
- Drain rigatoni; return to stockpot. Add sauce to pasta; toss to combine. Yield: 12 servings (1-3/4 cups each).
Originally published as Chicken Riggies in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Riggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review