Chicken Rice Soup
Our granddaughters have been making this soup for years...all the kids loved it—despite the chopped onion!—Tracy Fischler, Tallahassee, Florida
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, celery, onion, salt and pepper;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add
- chicken and rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 10 servings
- (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 137 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.