Chicken Rice Soup Mix Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (about 2-2/3 cups).
- 2. To prepare soup: Shake rice mix before measuring. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and 2/3 cup soup mix to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 2-3 servings per batch.
1 cup: 161 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 1722mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Soup Mix
"IS it just me or WHere is the chicken?"
"I did not put the boullion in the mix, instead I used 3 cups of chicken broth rather than the water."
"This soup mix is great! If you like less salt, simply add less bouillon or use salt-free bouillon."
"This soup has way too much salt; it overpowers everything else. It might be pretty good if the amount of bouillon was cut in half. It also takes a lot longer than 30 minutes to get the rice cooked."