Chicken Rice Soup Mix Recipe
This quick combination from Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska produces bowls of steaming soup that are sure to warm up your family. The mix calls for brown rice instead of white rice and is subtly seasoned with tarragon and pepper.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (about 2-2/3 cups).
- 2. To prepare soup: Shake rice mix before measuring. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and 2/3 cup soup mix to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 2-3 servings per batch.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 1,722 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC