Chicken Rice Soup Mix Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (about 2-2/3 cups).
- 2. To prepare soup: Shake rice mix before measuring. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and 2/3 cup soup mix to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 2-3 servings per batch.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 1,722 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Soup Mix
"IS it just me or WHere is the chicken?"
"I did not put the boullion in the mix, instead I used 3 cups of chicken broth rather than the water."
"This soup mix is great! If you like less salt, simply add less bouillon or use salt-free bouillon."
"This soup has way too much salt; it overpowers everything else. It might be pretty good if the amount of bouillon was cut in half. It also takes a lot longer than 30 minutes to get the rice cooked."