Chicken Rice Soup Mix
This quick combination from Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska produces bowls of steaming soup that are sure to warm up your family. The mix calls for brown rice instead of white rice and is subtly seasoned with tarragon and pepper.
8-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and store
- in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (about
- 2-2/3 cups).
- To prepare soup: Shake rice mix before measuring. In a large
- saucepan, bring water, butter and 2/3 cup soup mix to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the rice is
- tender. Yield: 2-3 servings per batch.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 1,722 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.