This quick combination from Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska produces bowls of steaming soup that are sure to warm up your family. The mix calls for brown rice instead of white rice and is subtly seasoned with tarragon and pepper.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (about 2-2/3 cups).
- To prepare soup: Shake rice mix before measuring. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and 2/3 cup soup mix to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 2-3 servings per batch.
Originally published as Chicken Rice Soup Mix in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p35
Reviews for Chicken Rice Soup Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review