Chicken Rice Skillet Recipe
Pleasant seasonings and plenty of vegetables highlight this traditional chicken and rice pairing from Jan Balata. "Leftovers are great reheated in the microwave," comments the Kilkenny, Minnesota cook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reads 170°. Add the celery, onions and peppers; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in beans and mushrooms until heated through.
- 2. Stir in the broth, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender; fluff rice with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 326 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 990 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC