- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reads 165°. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add the celery, onions and peppers; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in beans and mushrooms until heated through.
- Stir in the broth, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender; fluff with a fork. To serve, top rice mixture with chicken breasts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Skillet
"We used Lemon Pepper marinated chicken from the store and not used the lemon pepper seasoning. It was delicious. My husband liked it but thought it was a little too spicy and maybe use regular chicken next time. My picky daughter also liked it and my picky son only said he didn't like it because of the peppers."
"Not bad but made changes. I cut chicken up into bite size pieces, I omitted the red and yellow peppers and added carrots and sweet peas and omitted all seasonings except salt and pepper. After rice was tender I added some velveeta. The kids loved it."
"Tasteless recipe......dry chicken breasts. Would never make this again!"