Chicken Rice Salad
For a summer luncheon, this light, colorful salad is a treat. The crunchy celery, green pepper and almonds along with refreshing oranges and pineapple make this a chicken salad folks can't wait to dig into.
—Bernadine Stine, Roanoke, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups diced green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine mayonnaise, orange juice, vinegar, salt, ginger and garlic
- salt. Pour over salad and toss. Refrigerate. Just before serving,
- fold in the oranges and almonds. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 361 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon