For a summer luncheon, this light, colorful salad is a treat. The crunchy celery, green pepper and almonds along with refreshing oranges and pineapple make this a chicken salad folks can't wait to dig into. —Bernadine Stine, Roanoke, Indiana
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups diced green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, vinegar, salt, ginger and garlic salt. Pour over salad and toss. Refrigerate. Just before serving, fold in the oranges and almonds. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Rice Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review